DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “LITTLE LEAGUE” AND “RECREATION” SOFTBALL
We often get asked whether you should sign up your child for “recreation” or “Little League” softball. To help with your decision, here is some information:
- Little League softball has more practices, games and is more of a time commitment
- Little League softball ranges in age from 7-14 years old
- Recreation softball are less of a time commitment and more of an “introduction” to baseball or softball
- Recreation softball ranges in age of Kindergarteners – 4th graders
- 7-9 year olds can choose Little League softball or Recreation softball. The choice should be made based on whether or not your child loves the game, has any experience, and wants to commit more or less time.
Co-Ed “Toddler Tee Ball” (4-5 year olds | June 5-29 OR August 1-31 | $25)
This is a co-ed league for 4-5 year olds and a parent(s)/guardian(s), with two separate sessions options (one in June, one in August). Each team has one game per week at 6pm or 7pm at Adams Elementary Fields between Monday and Thursday. Each participant will play tee ball with a parent, which means parents will be in the field and at bat with their child. The goal is to have parents shadow their child every step of the way. In order to enroll, a parent(s)/guardian(s) must be able to attend all practices and games with their child. Registration includes a t-shirt. Registration opens February 14, 2017. To register, click here or call (616) 748-3230.
- June 5-29 Session Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wed, May 31, 6pm @ Adams Elementary Fields
- August 1-31 Session Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wed, July 26, 6pm @ Adam Elementary Fields
Recreation Softball (K – 4th grade | April – mid June | $30)
Practices start in April at the coach’s discretion, with games starting in May and running until approximately mid-June. Players will play one game per week. Games are played Mondays through Fridays. Registration closes on Sat, March 4. League designations are listed below. To register, click here or call at (616) 748-3230.
- Kindergarteners: T-Ball
- 1st-2nd Graders: Coach Pitch
- 3rd-4th Graders: Machine Pitch
Zeeland Little League Softball
For information on the 2017 Zeeland Little League Softball programs, click here. Registration for the 2017 season closed on February 11th, 2017. For late registration, contact Kelli Koss at email@example.com or (616)748.3232.
Softball Clinic (7 yrs old + | Feb 3-24 | 7pm-8:30pm @ SportsQuest)
This clinic is designed for girls ages 7 and up who want to improve their pitching, hitting, catching and fielding skills. Please bring a ball glove and bat, if you have one. Program size is limited. This clinic runs on Fridays February 3-24 from 7:00-8:30pm at SportsQuest. Registration will open in August, 2017
NEW: Softball Pitching Clinic (1st-12th Graders | Saturdays in Feb, 2018 | 7pm-8:30pm @ SportsQuest | $20)
We are excited to partner with the Zeeland East and Zeeland West Varsity Softball coaches and players to offer our first ever “Softball Pitching Clinic”! Come learn the basics of how to pitch a softball all the way up to advanced levels of pitching! No experience necessary! Registration will open in August, 2017
- 1st-6th Graders: 10:00am – 11:00am
- 7th-12th Graders: 11:00am – 12:00pm