All Zeeland Recreation martial arts classes are held at “New Heights Fitness”, located at 338 W. Washington, Zeeland, MI 49464.
My Kids Taekwondo (Ages 4-7 | Tuesdays, 5:30pm-6:15pm | $38 p/session)
Fun and dynamic! This class is taught by Chief Master R.A. Jipping, 7th Degree Master Instructor. Classes are on Tuesdays from 5:30pm-6:15pm. When registering, you register for an entire session. Each session focuses on an individual skill. Enrollment includes a t-shirt. Please see below for more details. To register, click here or call (616) 748-3230.
- Session I: Stranger Danger (Sept 13-Oct 18)
- Session II: Child Safety/Fire Safety (Oct 25 – Dec 6; skips Nov 22)
- Session III: Discipline/Listening Skills (Jan 3 – Feb 7)
- Session IV: A Positive Attitude is Contagious (Feb 14 – Mar 14)
- Session V: The Art of “Respect” (Apr 11 – May 16)
Taekwondo Experience (Ages 8 – Adults | Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30pm | $30 p/session)
A fun and exciting class for individuals 8 years old and above interested in exploring the world of traditional martial arts. If you ever wondered what it would be like to try out martial arts without major investments, this is the class for you! Coordination and body awareness is developed through beginner level Taekwondo techniques and games. This class is taught by Chief Master R.A. Jipping, 7th Degree Master Instructor. When registering, you register for an entire session. Session dates listed below. To register, click here or call at (616) 748-3230.
- Session I: Sept 14-Oct 19
- Session II: Oct 26 – Dec 7 (skips Nov 23)
- Session III: Jan 4 – Feb 8
- Session IV: Feb 15 – Mar 22
- Session V: Apr 12 – May 17
Women’s Self Defense (13 yrs old – Adults | Mondays, 6pm-7:30pm | $75 p/session)
Everyone will be happy to tell you what you should have done…after the fact. We will help you decide what you should do…before. This is a 4 night-6 hour class focusing on the mental and physical aspects of self-defense for women. As mature content will be discussed, participants must be 13 years or older. Each class includes 30 minutes per night on the psychological aspects of self-defense and 1 hour of physical training. Students will receive a workbook to guide them through this program. Program size is limited. When registering, you register for an entire session. Session dates listed below. To register, click here or call (616) 748.3230.
- Session I: Sept 12 – Oct 3
- Session II: Oct 24 – Nov 14
- Session III: Jan 2 – 23
- Session IV: Feb 13 – Mar 6
- Session V: Apr 10 – May 1