LAP SWIMMING / WATER FITNESS
The Zeeland Recreation pools are available for your use for lap swimming and deep and shallow water walking. Barbells, fins, kickboards, noodles, pull buoys and exercise belts are available to enhance your water workout. Fitness Center members have access to this option for no extra cost anytime it is on our aquatics calendars. Non-Fitness Center members can pay a $4 drop-in fee OR use a $30 “Punch Card” (10 punches). No registration needed… just show up!
- Lap swimming is available for those 13 yrs and older during any of our scheduled lap swimming times
- 8-12 yr old competitive swimmers are allowed to swim in designated open lap lanes during non-peak hours (after 6:30pm M-F and after 9am on Sat). Parents of 8-12 yr olds must be on deck or in the water supervising their child.
- Split lane swimming is appropriate when there are two swimmers in a lane
- Swim counter-clockwise (or “circle swim”) when there are three or more swimmers in a lane
- All lanes are shared lanes and the lifeguard staff will regulate lane usage during busy times